"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"~Will Rogers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The rantings of a Pitbull Person

"Why do humans come first? Because you're human? You're that selfish that, no matter what, you come first? Because humans were the only one of the humanoid species to survive the changing Earth? Or is it because 5 million years ago our hips tilted so we walk upright? Because I can tell you that, if your answer has anything to do with our level of intelligence, it's definitely not a species-specific thing. My pit bulls are smarter than a good amount of people that I run into at Walmart."
"Well, if you're going to embrace the food chain, you'd best embrace the fact that sometimes stronger animals of one species will win against weaker members of another species. So, next time there's a dog mauling you should just remember that you love your precious food chain concept. No one gets their way 100% of the time, and sometimes humans who are ill-equipped in how to deal with stray animals will wind up getting ripped up by a stronger animal because of their inability to learn. That is survival of the fittest in its element: a dog who has come to learn how to read human body language against a human who couldn't be bothered to learn how to read canine body language. The creature with the will to learn and the ability to adapt will know what's going on, while the other will be left on the ground waiting for the news to come so they can pull the same old "I don't know what I did. I was just walking by and the dog attacked me out of nowhere" routine. Nevermind that the human was taking a shortcut through area the dog considered to belong to her, where she had puppies that she had to protect. I wonder what it's like to live life thinking of no one but ME ME ME ME ME all the time."
****All I can say is...thanks for helping us!