"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"~Will Rogers

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Story of Rhett by Meals on Wheels(grab a tissue)

I’m walking just two and not three dogs today,
A little girl notes, “Where’s Rhett?” she does say.
*“He was attacked by a pit bull, but he’s home and o.k..”
Then a wistful smile fades, and her face turns to gray,
“My Chihuahua was killed by one too, by the way.”
There’s a lump in my throat, oh dear, what can I say?
Empty words, sympathy, or a tired old cliché?
“My sweet little friend, when you play,
Or you’re walking your dog, don’t stray too far away
From you home, because pit bulls get loose, or they’re strays,
And find Chihuahuas and children to be easy prey.
So if there’s a pit bull, run home, don’t delay!
And ask God to “Please keep me safe.” when you pray!

*Rhett passed away three weeks to the day he was attacked by a pitbull type dog
of a stroke. He died in his owner’s arms. RIP, Handsome Rhett.
His story can be found at http://17barks.blogspot.com/2011/10/story-of-rhett.html.

*****Ah Rhett, your story is so sad. At least you had the comfort of your loving owner in the end. There is a special place for those type of Pit Owners and their dogs and it isn't over the Rainbow Bridge!