"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"~Will Rogers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In Ok-That's all I can stands I can't stands no more!

http://www.kxii.com/fox/headlines/Elderly_man_killed_by_neighborhood_dogs__146762585.html
"There's no point in arguing any of this. This is about the 10th pit bull story I've seen on KXII. They all incite nothing but arguments. You really can't fix stupid and you can't argue with stupid either. Bottom line - if you own a pit bull, your sidewalk really doesn't go all the way to the front door. There's no amount of arguing that can convince me otherwise. I don't care if you've raised 925 of them in your life and they all gently eat skittles out of your toddler's mouth. You're still not very bright for the simple fact that you own one."
"Ok people. Regardless of what breed of dog you may own, why don't you just try simply keeping your dogs put up. Keep it in the house, inside the yard, or on a chain. If you so called dog owners out there even cared about your pets in the first place they wouldn't be running loose and if they aren't running loose they obviously wouldn't be attacking people that aren't on your property. If you are going to own a dog, you need to be held responsible for the actions of your dog if you do not keep it put up. If everyone would take care of their pets and keep them on their own property these kinds of horrible things would not take place. If you are not able to keep up with your pet, you shouldn't have one to begin with."
"Really hard to keep from name calling, but I'll try. Why? I've told this story here and elsewhere enough that it almost doesn't make me sick anymore, but I like to think it might save someone somewhere someday. I once stood in a puddle of a neighbor kid's blood as he was being taken to the ambulance, his face literally ripped off by another neighbor's beloved pit bull that he and his family of 5 raised from a puppy. It slept with his kids, played in the yard with other kids. Until one day, out of the blue, that dog did what his genetic code told him to do because of some unknown trigger and decided ripping the kid's face off was the thing to do. Hard to even call it an attack, it was just a matter of fact action. The dog wasn't particularly agitated before or after. And his idiot owner stood there by that puddle of blood and made the same asinine excuses like the one you just gave along with all the other standards: wouldn't hurt a fly, was like our baby, never even growled at anyone, and then he got to the 'David must have done something to provoke him'. I resisted the urge to beat the hell out of him and kept the boy's son from doing it in front of witnesses. That isn't my only personal pit bull story, but I'll leave it at that. There is no excuse for these dogs to exist outside of a fighting ring were they were born to be, and since that's illegal, so should they be."
"I say it's past time for a little "Vigilante Justice" on these animals...since the Sheriff's Dept. say they can't do anything legally, until the dog has mauled or killed someone. Where are the men in Meade? Protect your children & citizens! Quietly take care of this problem...you know how...no need for a big deal made of it."
"To the people in that neighborhood: these dogs nipped at your kids' feet and you didn't blow their brains out? Did anyone complain to authorities and was anything done? If so, who dropped the ball and how soon can they be fired? People, if you have pit bulls running loose in your neighborhood, yell 'they're coming right for us' and put several rounds into their skulls. You people let this poor man down and should drop to your knees and ask forgiveness while expressing gratitude it wasn't some of these kids that were chewed to pieces. As for the owners, they should be put under a jail. I would say put a needle in their arms, but the law makes allowances for anyone with such a diminished capacity that they would own a pit bull in the first place."
"This is my opinion on pitbull dogs. My grandfather raised and fought pitbull dogs back in the 30's and 40's. He knew the very nature of these dogs, and that is why these dogs were used for this purpose. He kept his dogs confined in an chain linked enclosure that was over a cement foundation with a huge rod cemented into the very center of the pen. The pen was 8' high, and the dogs were chained with log chains from the center of the pen, and were unable to reach the sides of the fence by a length of at least 10 feet. My mother was not allowed to go near these pens at any time. My grandfather instill in us that these dogs were breed to be fighters and natural killers...Now, folks, this was a man who knew this from the 1930's and 1940's...why is it that now that everyone thinks that these dogs are such sweet, harmless household pets? Better take notice of the wisdom of my grandfather. I was raised all my life knowing the scope on pitbulls. If you value your other pets, children, loved ones, and others in your community, best you take heed. Seems to me that the only people that have the pits are the ones who are associated in one way or the other in activities not conducive to society and the law...don't like what I have to say...well...I really don't give a rat's patoot... "