"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"~Will Rogers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Monday Musings

When we bought our house so many years ago, I was like the mailman as far as the dogs were concerned. I walked them every day no matter what the weather. Two in the morning, the other two later in the day. I was called the dog lady and looked for by everyone. This area is part urban/part rural and I dealt with many loose dogs. Not one Pit though. And for those Pitty people that bring up GSD's...two neighbor's each had a GSD loose in the yard. The owner was always out when they were loose. Each time they would run into the road, with a whistle from the owner, they pulled up short and ran back to their yard. Another neighbor had 2 GSD's loose in the yard. They would just lay ion the door step as we went by. I would think, "I want a dog like that!". Not a GSD...just one that well trained! LOL
Anyway, it was stressful to try to hold onto my dogs while we were being circled. Especially when I was walking the Mastiff's. Then my son passed away in Nov 2002 from Advanced Coronary Artery Disease at the age of 24. No one knew. Even the coroner said it wouldn't have been caught because of his age. Well, I stopped walking the dogs. I couldn't deal with it anymore. People started wondering where I was. Eventually a pool was started and the winner was who found out what happen to me. I thought it was too funny.