"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"~Will Rogers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

False Sense of Security

"My brother is selling his dog, Onyx and he’s staying over my house temporarily. I’ve always had a negative position on Pit Bulls in the past. My wife bought a pit several years ago and it didn’t work out. Very aggressive, barked constantly, was just out of control. I’ve heard and seen countless stories about pitbull attacks. Call me crazy but I believed that Pitbulls have this natural aggresiveness that cannot be tamed and can instantly turn on someone.
After having him for about a week my views have changed. He’s only a year and a half old but he’s such a big baby. I just don’t get it. I’ve ran with him around the block several times already and he’s so calm and obedient. It’s funny because everyone I come across on the sidewalk with their dogs would immediately go on the other side of the street. He doesn’t even bark. The sad thing is if I was the other person I would’ve done the same thing too. And why is it that everyone walking their dogs have them unleashed? That pisses me off, and I’m thinking, if their dog runs up to the Pit and attacks him, whose fault would it be if their dog dies? Mine of course."

****Now this guy is basing his comments on a dog he's been around for a week. This is where Pit Nutters are lead into a false sense of security, they become lax and then Bam! An attack on a human or other dog happens. Now, how many other types of dogs can still manage to kill another dog while it's on a leash?