"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"~Will Rogers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Do not believe everything you hear

http://cravendesires.blogspot.com/2012/04/vintage-stunt-pit-picks.html

When my dad was in hospice, I brought our Mastiff's to see him. The dogs also spent time while we were there with other residents. I was asked to bring our dogs back as many of the residents enjoyed them. Now that didn't make them therapy dogs. In this setting they were calm and relaxed. That doesn't mean the same thing would happen in another setting. To me a true therapy, service dog or what have you, are selected based upon not only unique abilities in the dog but also their ability to ignore outside stimuli that another dog may react to. So only the select few qualify. The odds of you just happening to be an owner of one? Small-kinda compared to winning the Lotto.