"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"~Will Rogers

Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Musings



I ran across a discussion this morning on a GSD site talking about Pitbulls. A person brought up how to avoid an attack and was bashed by everyone else. It got me thinking. Many people do this, not because they are pro pittie, but because they have believed the pittie people that is if they don't support them, their breed could be in the same boat..like with breed bans. That is pretty much why I don't talk about breed bans. People want to talk about the irresponsible owners. Well, ok. But then there is no discussion about how to make people take being a responsible pet owner seriously. And of course when I bring up felony charges being brought against owners who dogs seriously injure/kill people or domesticated animals, then it's but but...no buts! Now If I can support that, owning two Mastiff's, why can't other people..especially the pittie people?  I think it's because they want to still fall on the "well accidents happen". Spilled milk is an accident that is no big deal. People who are drinking and driving that cause accidents where someone is seriously injured/killed oftentimes have significant consequences. Why should this be any different with dogs?